Wednesday 4 May 2011

Miracle in Toronto NO RAIN! and a hot summer forecast Yea God!

I did a very foolish thing this past March.  It was a super bright, warm Sunday morning, and after Mass I put on the CBS show, Sunday Morning.  It was so bright and sunny, I had to block out the sun which was pouring in through my windows.   I couldn't see the people on the tv screen.  Drapes weren't enough so I added aluminum foil, taped it to the windows to stop the glare of the sun.  Yes, you read that correctly.  I was not happy with that sunshine blinding me and hitting my tv screen like a Star Wars laser.  Oh what a goof I was.  Ever since I did the tin foil trick, the only thing pouring in Toronto has been rain.   I think i jinxed the weather no matter what the Weather Channel says.  I am guilty. 

But, good news out of the weather forecast today.  Environment Canada predicts, no, they state, it will be a hot, humid summer for Toronto.  Thank You, God and mea culpa.  I shall never ever tempt the fates of weather again as long as I shall live upon God's green earth.

Someone asked me this afternoon if I believe the weather czars in Canada.  Hell yes I do.  These are the same pundits who told me in the winter that Ontario would have a cooler than usual spring.  And that prediction has come true to everyone's dismay.

So, if you are the type to abhor the 3 H Forecasts, Hot, Humid and Hazy get over it right now on May 4, 2011.  Like The Temptations sang all those years ago, "Get Ready."  And it can't come soon eonough for me!

I'll raise a toast to picnic ants, ants on a diet, mosquitos, horseflies, houseflies, bumble bees, the humble pesky fly (bless his buzzy little wings),  and all things summer.  I found 2 small black bugs in my home today.  Neither one of them belonged where I found them.  But deep down truth be told I was actually glad to see them.  It's been a long cold lonely winter as George sang.  Look!  It's a bird, it's a plane, no!  Here comes the sun!  And the tin foil box is long gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment