Thursday 12 May 2011

Big 5 Oil - Newt Gingrich runs in 2012

When my podcast, Tuning in with Betsy, was in its infancy I booked Rick Tyler, the Communications Director for Newt Gingrich as one of my first guests.  RT was a very busy man and had just 15 minutes to share his knowledge of what its like to work with the ex Speaker of the House.  That ex Speaker now has his eyes on 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.  Gee, elections are like Christmas, seems like it was just last month. In Canada, it was at the beginning of this merry month of May.  Unfortunately in the USA the Presidential election begin 2 years prior to the actual election day.  In Canada, the government can collapse whenever a leader decides to throw a hissy fit.  Like a bully in the schoolyard, who always has to get his own way, is one of the reasons I stay away from Politics.  The others are, i hate liars, cheats and thieves. Ok, I should never use the word hate, so I shall edit myself, and say I loathe, despise and can't stand the sight or sound of liars, cheats and thieves.  Am I naming any particular politician?  No, I am smearing them with the same paint brush. And if you think I am being Miss Meany today, just name 3 politicians that haven't been touched by scandal, kickbacks, marriage problems, additictins or bad press.  There.  I made my point.  Do I think the Newt will win?  No, I do not. And neither do I think Obama will have a repeat performance on election day, should he decide to toss his hat into the ring.  I do think we will see the Republicans begin tossing their hats in a lot sooner than the Democrats.  I think they are eager to return to their version of the status quo in Washington.  On another note, I do love the fact that the Big 5 oil companies are due to be grilled like a peanut butter and banana Elvis Sandwich today in Washington.  Why are they getting tax cuts, tax breaks, and every other monetary advantage, not to mention they are making billions of dollars every day, while the American people are getting screwed without experiencing intercourse?  The only thing being exhausted after a wicked workout is the American peoples wallets.   Canada is mirroring you on that point.  On Tuesday the gossip was that a litre of gas would be going up 6 cents.  Sure enough, as sure as Nostradamus predicted Hitler and WWII, Wednesday morning, gas rose, like Lazarus, exactly 6 cents.  Then, on Wednesday the gossip was that the price of gas would fall 6 cents.  Is this a freakin yo yo competition?  How bleeping stoopid do these Oil Barons think we are?  Gee, I can't wait for the antichrist to show up.  We are being conditioned by Big Oil to be controlled, feel helpless and obey.  Next thing ya know we'll have to get tatooed to get gas.  Hmmm.  A mark of the Beast?  Nothing surprises me anymore.  I wish you all peace, compassion and patience as the summer travel plans may be downsized.  it should be Big Oil that is decreased not the American people's cash flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment