Wednesday 17 August 2011

No More Kate Plus 8! Who Cares?

Certainly not moi.  I was never a fan of the original 2 parent show with their 8 gosslings.  And I never became a fan once Father Goose left.  What always astounds me about reality tv is that people become 'famous' and the money flows as a given, doing what comes naturally.  And no, I don't mean procreating.  I mean tv cameras followed this couple around with their 8 children in tow, under all kinds of situations.

You and I do the same things, but are never recorded for TLC's ratings.
  And hey!  How bout those great free vacations.  Used, I suppose to boost ratings.  And the cross publicity on other TLC shows, when Kate rode a motorcycle.  Her screech heard in the promo commercial is only second to Mary Murphy's the queen of screech on So You Think You Can Dance.  Thank You Jesus for the remote at my fingertips. 

And now there are none.  Of course, you could all tell it was time to say nighty night.  How much longer will the Cake Boss be around?  Is there longevity in familia?  For Kate Gosslein, apparently not.   I'm surprised Kate never showed up at Carlo's Bakery for a birthday cake for her kids.  Wouldn't that be a May/November Sweep ratings show.  

Now what will she do?  More importantly how are the kids going to adjust to real life with no cameras on them?  We shall see if the Pa. lawmakers were right.  Should be interesting.

And on another note, God bless Russell Armstrong.  I had no clue who he was until I heard of his death last night on tv (of course).   This is a prime example of the damage done of intruding cameras on people and their every move.  His marriage went from the pebbles to the rocks.  And now he will be underground, 6 feet under, at rest, hopefully, after a tumultuous last few months.

These are only 2 reasons why I am fussy about the television shows I watch.

Stay tuned.

Betsy Balega

No comments:

Post a Comment